Help us find out more about these amazing insects.
Not much is known about the species of butterfly and dragonfly found in Iraq. So, we are trying to collect more information by asking everyone to become scientists.
To join in all you have to do is take a photograph when you see a butterfly or a dragonfly and send them to us (firstname.lastname@example.org) or post them on Nature Iraq’s facebook page. Make sure you tell us where you saw it.
You will be able to see all the results on the map below.
Find out more about these amazing insects and the big hunt by downloading our leaflet (on the right).
The Darwin team would like to thank David Chelmick, Steve Cham, and the Norfolk Wildlife Trust (UK) for their help sourcing images used in the leaflet.
- IUCN Red list of the birds of Iraq
- Annotated checklist of Iraqi birds part II
- Annotated checklist of Iraqi birds part I
- Provisional IUCN Red List of endemic plants of Iraq
- Checklist of the flowering plants and ferns of Peramagroon
- Leaflet 'butterflies and dragonflies in Iraq' (Arabic)
- Leaflet 'butterflies and dragonflies in Iraq' (Kurdish)
- Leaflet 'butterflies and dragonflies in Iraq' (English)